For almost 25 years, NACC has developed and offered curriculum packages to member colleges that are committed to maintaining the program standards set by NACC.
The NACC Personal Support Worker Program (PSW) is a highly regarded and well-known brand which is fully compliant with the Ontario Personal Support Worker Program Standard. As a result of the quality of graduates, many employers now prefer students to have both their college PSW certificate and the NACC PSW certificate.
Since 1998, NACC has graduated over 90,000 PSWs enrolled in their member colleges and that number continues to grow.
To achieve this brand recognition and satisfy employer expectations, NACC works closely with the Ministry of Colleges and Universities in the design, development, and implementation of the program to ensure the interests of the colleges and their students are well protected.
Graduates of the NACC PSW program find employment in various settings including long-term care facilities; hospitals; retirement homes; assisted living and supportive housing residences; hospices and private homes. The NACC PSW program prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to hit the ground running upon employment, meeting the needs of patients and clients in Ontario and beyond.
In fact, very often, students receive a job offer prior to graduation.
Program Features and Resources
- The 700-hour program which aligns with the new 2022 Ontario Personal Support Worker Standard includes the following curriculum and application documents:
- 400 hours of theory content and practical labs
- 200 hours of practicum in a long-term care facility
- 100 hours of practicum in a community setting
- Comprehensive documentation to support the PARIS application process to achieve Ministry approval.
- Shared approval of third-party assessor reports eliminating the requirement and the expense to the college.
- Expedited Pre-Screening approval process with the Ministry.
- Training webinars to access publisher content such as instructor resources, PPT slides, videos, chapter test banks and a final exam test bank.
- The NACC PSW Online Final Exam and Digital Credential.
- A Program Advisory Committee which reviews the PSW curriculum content bi-annually to maintain the high standard of quality.