Alternative Career Pathways Initiative
The objectives of the Alternative Career Pathways initiative are to:
- Provide information to internationally-trained individuals (ITIs), create relationships with immigrant-serving organizations and employers, and refer potential students to NACC member colleges.
- Develop a national strategy for career colleges to deliver alternative career pathways and information to internationally-trained individuals.
- Collect and disseminate best practices for use by career colleges when delivering alternative career pathways for internationally-trained individuals.
- Increase public awareness of the important role career colleges can play in the delivery of alternative career pathways.
- Develop and implement a sustainability plan to continue the project past 2015.
Benefits for Members:
The Alternative Career Pathways initiative will provide an on-going opportunity for NACC member colleges to:
- Increase their student enrollment.
- Generate positive public attention.
- Increase student satisfaction.
- Share best practices for working with internationally-trained individuals.
- Further develop relationships with immigrant-serving agencies and employers.
How Members Can Help:
Members can help the Alternative Career Pathways initiative succeed by:
- Providing us with contact information for your frontline admissions and career advisor personnel so that our staff can refer potential students to your college.
- Contacting your Regional Coordinator when a referral contacts or enrolls at your college.
- Providing regular feedback to our staff on our performance.
- Sharing your best practices and providing examples of success stories and student testimonials.
Please see the submission tools below or contact our staff directly to provide feedback.
Provide us details on referred individuals:
Please provide details on individuals referred to your college by our Alternative Career Pathways staff so that we can monitor their progress and quantify the initiative’s reach and success.
Share your best practices and success stories:
One of our objectives is to collect and disseminate best practices for use by member colleges when delivering alternative career pathways for internationally-trained individuals.
These best practices can be in, but not limited to, the areas of:
- Recruitment of internationally-trained individuals.
- Handling language barriers or training.
- Retention of students.
- Cooperating with employers.
- Providing job search support to internationally-trained individuals.
Please help us accomplish this objective and help all member colleges by submitting your best practices in these and other areas. We would also appreciate you providing us with student success stories that your college has played a role in accomplishing, and any student testimonials that you believe would help your school and our initiative.
Provide feedback to our staff:
Please provide feedback on the Alternative Career Pathways initiative to our staff so that we can continually improve the quality and delivery of this initiative to you, our members.
Our regional coordinators and initiative staff are pleased to answer any questions you may have about the Alternative Career Pathways initiative.
For these or any other questions, please contact us.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program.