Are you an employer looking for skilled individuals with relevant training, or educational institutions to provide quick, specialized training? Would a link to a resource connecting you to career colleges and skilled graduates be helpful to you?
If so, we want to work with you!
The Alternative Career Pathways initiative, delivered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC), aims to help match internationally-trained individuals who are facing challenges working in their field with training programs at career colleges so they can make use of their existing skills and training in related and meaningful careers.
The Alternative Career Pathways initiative aims to be a resource linking career colleges, skilled graduates, and industry.
Benefits for Employers
Employers can benefit from a cooperative relationship with the Alternative Career Pathways initiative. Some benefits include:
- Access to a pool of skilled, experienced, and trained prospective employees.
- Offering assistance to you when looking for recent graduates of career college skills training programs to quickly meet your labour market needs.
- Opportunities to establish relationships with career colleges to provide specialized skills training tailored to your company’s needs.
- Opportunities to provide input into both the operation of the Alternative Career Pathways initiative and the effectiveness of career college training programs.
- Opportunities to host practical placements for students.
NACC members offer a wide range of training programs that prepare individuals for careers in fields including trades, information technology, health care, child care, and personal support, business, culinary arts, technical and scientific work, and many more.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program.