2014 NACC & CCO Conference
The joint NACC-CCO conference took place May 6th – 9th, 2014 at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel at the heart of the nation’s capital. It was a resounding success with the highest attendance (over 220 people) ever recorded for a conference. Attendees were able to:
- See interesting presentations from experts
- Discuss industry issues
- Network with colleagues, sponsors and exhibitors
- Meet politicians and senior political staff
Some of the conference political highlights included:
- The keynote address by the Honourable Jason Kenney, PC, MP, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Multiculturalism, in which he praised career colleges for being on the front line in developing a skilled workforce, which will be of paramount importance to Canadians in the coming years. See it here.
- A speech by Mark Strahl, MP, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, about how career colleges are well positioned to meet the needs for aboriginal post-secondary education.
- A reception on Parliament Hill that, despite a series of votes that stopped MPs from coming, had senior political staff present including the Director of Policy and the Director of Communications from Minister Kenney’s office and a senior official from the Prime Minister’s office.
- A presentation by Liberal MP and Labour Critic Roger Cuzner in which he mentioned that career colleges have been doing great work for decades, which is testament to the adaptability of career colleges. See it here.
Increased recognition of career colleges from politicians and stakeholders was a common refrain over the three days and a sign of the great strides we have made.
A copy of the full conference program can be found here.
Click on a thumbnail to scroll through photos from the conference!
This year’s Annual General Meeting of the National Association of Career Colleges was held at 8:30am on Friday, May 9, 2014, at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel. To view the agenda, minutes and other details, click here.
Thank you to our sponsors!